Upon written application to Azusa Light & Water, water customers are eligible for a discount of $2.20 from the basic monthly meter service charge.
You must meet the following standards:
- The customer must be at least one of the following:
- 62 years of age or older
- Disabled within the definition of 20 C.F.R. 404.1505 and presently receiving disability Social Security benefits
- The customer must be a resident of a single-family dwelling unit within the Azusa Light & Water service area and be served by a water meter no larger than 3/4".
- The customer shall have been a water customer at the service address for at least the previous 12 months prior to the application for the lifeline rate.
- The customer’s household income is at or below 60% of the Los Angeles County median income level.
- Low-income customers who qualify for the lifeline rate shall re-apply every 12 months.
You must complete the Utility User Tax and Assessment Fees Exemption Application.