The Development Code (Azusa Municipal Code Chapter 88) describes various types of zoning districts and land use classifications, land use regulations, development standards, and performance standards. The Development Code’s purpose is to protect and promote the public’s health, safety, and general welfare, and to implement the policies of the comprehensive General Plan that was adopted in 2004 by City Council.
The on-line code is updated periodically after the City Council adopts an amendment to the Zoning Code. To check to see if there are recent changes, please contact the Planning Division. The links below will take you directly to various sections of Chapter 88 – Development Code of the Azusa Municipal Code most commonly visited.
• Neighborhoods (Chapter 88.22): Neighborhood Center, Neighborhood General 1, Neighborhood General 2, and Neighborhood General 3.
– Allowable Uses and Development Standards
• Districts (Chapter 88.24): West End Industrial Districts, Edgewood Districts and University District
• Development Standards for West End Industrial Districts,
• Development Standards Edgewood District and
• Development Standards University District
• Corridors (Chapter 88.26): Foothill Boulevard Corridor, Azusa/San Gabriel Avenue Corridor, South Azusa Avenue Corridor
– Allowable Uses and
– Development Standards Foothill Boulevard,
– Development Standards Azusa/San Gabriel Avenue,
– Development Standards South Azusa Avenue, and
– Development Standards Arrow Highway
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
– ADU and JADU & Discretionary ADU
– Parking and Loading Standards,
– Sign Standards, and