Azusa HHEW Event
AZUSA HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS AND ELECTRONIC WASTE DRIVE-THRU COLLECTION EVENT
November 14, 2020
Saturday, 9 AM-12 PM
Veolia Environmental Services
107 S. Motor Avenue, Azusa CA 91702
What are the requirements to participate?
The event is open to all Azusa residents only. Bring proof of Azusa residency such as utility bill or driver’s license with Azusa address.
Where do I go on the day of the event?
The event will be held at 107 S. Motor Avenue. Enter on McKinley Avenue and turn right on Motor Avenue. After dropping off your HHEW, exit on First Street. Follow posted signs or staff directing traffic. Please refer to the event map.
What can I bring to the event?
Motor oil, antifreeze, paint, paint thinner, turpentine, cleaners with acids or lye, Pesticides and herbicides, household and car batteries, old computers and television sets, sharps or used needles (in a Sharps container or study box labeled “SHARPS”), expired pharmaceuticals and mercury thermometers.
What items am I NOT allowed to bring?
Explosives, ammunition or radioactive materials, trash or old tires, white goods such as washers, stoves, refrigerators or air conditioners. Waste from businesses will NOT be accepted.
How do I prepare the items I need to dispose of?
In general, there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
Be prepared to leave your containers.
Do not mix products together.
Do I get out of the car to unload my boxes?
No. Unlock or pop-open your car trunk so staff can unload your items.
What are your COVID-19 safety precautions?
To keep the risk of exposure to COVID-19 low, all participants must observe and adhere to the following Department of Public Health requirements for drive-thru events:
- Do not attend if you any COVID-19 symptoms and have been asked to quarantine.
- Remain in a fully enclosed vehicle with the seat belt fastened and where all occupants of each enclosed vehicle are members of a single household.
- Leave the vehicle only in case of emergency or as permitted by staff for a brief period and must wear face covering when outside the vehicle while remaining as distanced as possible from staff.
- Staff and participants must adhere to the face covering and social (physical) distancing requirement.
- If any of the windows on a vehicle is open, occupants must wear a face covering when approached by event staff.
Due to COVID-19, any vehicles with items placed in a seating area will require participants to exit the vehicle to unload items onto a provided cart. By placing the items in your vehicle's trunk, staff can quickly and easily unload your items and keep lines moving.
What is the cost to dispose of my hazardous waste at the event?
None. The event is FREE to all Azusa residents.