The General Plan serves as a ‘blueprint’ or a long-range planning document that sets forth the City’s goals, policies, and direction for the next 20 years. The most recent General Plan was adopted in 2004.
Typically a General Plan is comprised of seven elements that address Land Use, Housing, Circulation, Conservation, Open Space, Safety and Noise. Policies in these elements influence new projects such as street maintenance, traffic reduction, use and protection of resources, maintenance and development of new parks and recreation activities, preservation of historic structures, and other City services and amenities.
Current Housing Element
The Housing Element of the General Plan is a guide for ensuring that the existing and future housing needs of our community are met. It specifies the City’s housing goals, policies and programs. This document describes the demographics of the community as well as the condition of the existing housing stock in the City.
2014 - 2021 Housing Element
Azusa GPA Initial Study and ND
General Plan Amendments Under GPA-2013-01
Housing Element Update – 6th Cycle – 2021-2029 – Azusa Housing For All
General Plan EIR
- General Plan DEIR
- General Plan Appendix A - Notice of Preparation (NOP) and NOP Comment Letters
- General Plan Appendix B - Traffic Report
- General Plan Appendix C - Air Quality Worksheets and Model Outputs
- General Plan Appendix D - Noise Worksheets and Model Outputs
- General Plan Appendix E - California Natural Diversity Database - Azusa Species List
- General Plan DEIR Comment Letters
- General Plan FEIR
- Addendum to FEIR