Important Notice for New Street Sweeping Services
Please see the Azusa Street Sweeping Reroute Notice for changes in the service effective March 1, 2020.
The intent of this program is to clean the streets efficiently, while keeping the City compliant with
provisions of the Federal Clean Water Act. Debris must be removed, not only for community
aesthetics, but also to aid in the City’s compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge
Elimination System (NPDES) requirements. These requirements regulate water pollution,
especially pollution that enters the ocean through storm drains.
Vehicles parked along the curb disrupt the street sweeper’s ability to clean the streets. They do
not allow the sweeper to adequately clean the debris that is in the gutter. Street sweeping enforcement signs have been placed throughout the City and the Azusa Police Department will issue parking tickets to vehicles blocking the path of the sweeper.
Important facts to remember:
- Street Sweeping is scheduled for the day following your trash pick up day.
- The contractor is scheduled to sweep each side of a street on different days. For example, the south side of the 500 block of Mason Street is scheduled for Thursday from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM and the north side is scheduled for Friday from 7AM-1PM. This provides the maximum parking opportunities for residents while still allowing weekly street sweeping.
- On holidays or during inclement weather such as rain, the City has the authority to have street sweeping completed on a different day. The street sweeping is held off and not completed until the following week's street sweeping day.
- A $51 citation will be issued for each occurrence.
- Remember to notify your guests about parking restrictions.
- There are no permits or placards that will exempt a car from the street sweeping parking restrictions. Street sweeping holidays are based upon the trash collection holidays in the City of Azusa. Street sweeping is scheduled for the day following the trash collection day. Should your street sweeping day fall on a holiday, street sweeping will occur the following day.
Street Sweeping Holidays
Athens Services observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
Should you have any questions regarding when your street is scheduled to be swept, the no parking restrictions related to street sweeping or street sweeping in general, please contact the Streets Division at (626) 812-5244.