This rebate program is available to Azusa L&W residential customers within the city limits of Azusa. Those customers outside of the city limits can apply through SocalWaterSmart.com
Collecting and re-using rainwater from gutters and downspouts for lawns and gardens minimizes the amount of water flowing into the storm drains, sewer systems and local waterways. Plants and microbes prefer rainwater because it is naturally "soft" and free of chlorine, fluoride and other chemicals.
Rain Barrel Rebate Guidelines:
1. The rebate is up to $100.00 per barrel, not to exceed the cost of the barrel, excluding tax and other charges
2. Minimum size: 50 gallons
3. Rain barrel must be designed for the intended purpose of rain capture
4. Should have a cover to prevent mosquitos, rodents and debris from entering
5. The rain barrel must be mounted in a way that allows the barrel to receive water unimpeded from a rain gutter
6. Should not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways
7. Rain barrel must not be connected to the irrigation system and must be distributed through a hose or bucket
8. Should be elevated 6 inches off the ground on a solid foundation
9. Should be strapped to your home for safety if the height of the barrel is two times greater than the width
10. Maximum of four rain barrels per home
11. Barrel must be purchased new from any hardware store, home and garden store or online. If you buy locally, you will be supporting our local economy.