This schedule is applicable to all electric customers served by Azusa Light & Water. Each customer shall pay the applicable rate plus a Public Benefit Charge (PBC) for each kilowatt- hour (kWh) delivered to the customer. The adjustment shall be the product of the total kWh for which the bill is rendered times the PBC amount (cents per kWh).
The purpose of the PBC is to cover the related cost of PBC programs in the following four categories:
- Cost-effective demand-side management services to promote energy efficiency and energy conservation
- New investment in renewable energy resources and technologies consistent with existing statutes and regulations which promote those resources and technologies
- Research, development and demonstration programs for the public interest to advance science or technology which is not adequately provided by competitive and regulated markets
- Services provided for low-income electricity customers, including, but not limited to, energy efficiency services, education, weatherization and rate discounts.
Public Benefit Charge per kWh: $0.00421
The Public Benefit billing factor for any fiscal year beyond 2014 shall be calculated as follows:
PBC = (a) x (b)
(a) Equals the utility’s total electricity revenue budgeted for the upcoming fiscal year.
(b) Equals the Legislative’s funding goal (currently 2.85%).
- The Public Benefit Charge Amount shall be administratively updated on July 1 of each year upon the signature of the Director of Utilities and shall be based on the total estimated revenues for the next fiscal year and the current Legislative funding goal in place at the time of the calculation.
- The Public Benefit Charge shall be effective from July 1 through June 30, unless otherwise indicated.